Thursday, March 29, 2012

Red, White and Black Easter Tablescape

Each Thursday, Susan over at Between Naps on the Porch hosts a "Tablescape Thursday" which lets everyone post their table settings on her blog.  Also linking to Let's Dish.  It's really fun to see the kind of tables different people set.  I love to browse through them - there's so much creativity out there!  I'm joining her today.  Hop on over - you can find these at this link and this link.

I know it's a little strange to use red, black and white for an Easter table setting, but I was determined to use the new dishes I picked up a while back.  Even though they're not the traditional Spring colors, the buds and branches are a sure sign of Spring.  I recently found these at TJ Maxx.  I bought all they had - four plates and four mugs to set an intimate table.  The pattern is Coventry - Makayla.  I paid $7.99 for all four plates and $4.99 for all four mugs.  I was hoping to find the salad plates on Ebay, but they were much too expensive there, so as an afterthought, I decided later to add a little mix and match with some china I found at Goodwill.  I'll show those on down below.

 The flower arrangement is from my "Snowball bush" / Verburnum.  We've had such mild weather, it has bloomed a little all winter, but is now profusely blooming with hundreds of big fluffy blooms.  They're in a ruby red vintage ball vase which is sitting on an upside down bowl to give it some height.
 This big rabbit was a Michael's clearance find several years ago.

 I love my three little bunnies holding hands back-toback in a circle.  They could be used as a vase, but I use them as a serving utensil holder.

 The bottom placemats came from Ikea and are cork with black silhouette trees, then they're layered with my old standby red straw placemats that I used with Christmas and Valentines Day settings.
 The little white rabbit is a Snowbunny.
 And I used some of my Fenten birds and this little green birdbath I picked up at Pier 1.
The glasses are made in Italy and are a flea market find that I paid $1 each for.  Below is the china that I added.  This is where my browsing around Goodwill stores comes in handy.  I found four soup bowls, four salad plates and four cups and saucers in this pattern and paid 49 cents for each piece.  The pattern is Mikasa Cocoa Blossom and they were brand new with the stickers still on the bottom of each piece.  I was even more pleased with my find when I got home and saw that just one saucer recently sold on Ebay for $16.99.  I think they look nice even though they are mixed and matched.  What do you think?


 I recently found these white vintage napkins at the flea market for $3 for six.  They're very delicate.




 The photo above is my buffet which is more traditional Spring colors.  A vintage folding ruler is holding some vintage Easter Cards.  And some yummy chocolate is in the vintage bowl.

The bunny is bidding you Adieu and a Very Happy Easter season.




 

3 comments:

  1. Hi Glenda,

    How are you doing? You always have such nice photos. :) Everything looks great.

    Thank you for sharing.

    Have a wonderful Friday. Take care, Janet W

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab - i loved that crockery when you posted about it the other day - and it looks so nice on the table!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your take on Easter! The dishes are beautiful, and what great finds at the GW! Your flowers are gorgeous! Ours won't bloom for months.
    Thanks for linking up to Let's Dish, every Wed at 7!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments!